Pages

September 12, 2009

The Origins of the "SAVAGE SUN"


The moniker “Savage Sun” was born from the most lucid and frightening nightmare that I have ever experienced. The setting was late at night, on the corner of an unknown street in north Stockton, California, one block from a dead end. As the nightmare began, I recall that the weather was nice, the sky calm. I was talking with a stranger (a man), when suddenly, the sun came soaring over the horizon in all of its ferocity. The sun ascended with such speed, that it did not bring the daylight with it. There, above us all, the fiery orb looked intently down upon the Earth as it filled an entire quarter of the visible, starry night sky. The sun was personified (meaning it was alive), with a beastly expression, anger raging in its eyes, hatred emanating from its facial expression, and breathing heavily. As it loomed above the Earth in the most intense and threatening manner, the sun swayed and floated in a tight circular fashion, like a predator ready to devour its prey. I knew in this moment that the sun had come to destroy us, and to exact revenge against humanity for mankind’s recklessness, neglect, and lack of care for the Earth. In the reckoning of all reckonings, the sun inhaled a mighty breath and began screaming violently at the Earth with an infuriated roar that was beyond human comprehension.

As the sun bellowed in a deep, intense tone that reverberated through my entire being, I could see the sun's breath streamlining down toward the Earth with a velocity and power that is unimaginable to the human mind. The suns breath itself was translucent, with a direct stream of Category 6+ hurricane wind at the center, wrapped by F6+ tornadoes on the outside (similar to some cable wire bundles). Spittle from the sun's mouth shot down to Earth as spitfire, hitting treetops of tall evergreens, exploding, and setting blaze to them immediately. The power of the bass within the sun's bellowing scream was so heavy and violent that I began to feel every bone in my body shatter from within, dropping me to my knees. The pain was overwhelming and the volume of the Sun's scream would easily drown out wails from a thousand banshees. Suddenly, I was lifted into space, above the Earth, where I could see the ongoing wreckage with a bird's eye view. As I was uplifted to outer space, about 50-100 yards in the air, I could see the surrounding area (around the neighborhood), and it was filled with evergreen trees, as if there was wilderness surrounding a small/medium sized urban area. The tips of a few of these tress were set ablaze from sun spittle. The center of the Earth remained, but the sun's scream continued to erode the edges of the Earth so that it took on somewhat of an oval (like an egg) type appearance. In this moment, I sensed the sadness in knowing that all that I loved was being destroyed forever.

I awoke to find myself drenched in sweat and trembling. I must have lain awake for more than 5 minutes, shaking uncontrollably as I attempted to process what I had just experienced. In case you are wondering, I had not done any drugs the night before, and I am accustomed to having violent nightmares, where I am murdered and other violent things play out, but I usually shake them off without much effect. No other nightmare ever compared to this one. I now question whether or not the pulsating bass of the sun's scream could have been a nocturnal seizure. I guess I will never know, but this is how the name 'Savage Sun" was conceived, and I've been settin' fire to stages and tearin' down roofs ever since.

2 comments:

  1. finally back from the vaca, and ready to ball out on the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this captivating story, Keep shining on us Savage Sun, this world needs your message and your music. Never doubt your self, Keep up the good music, the amazing talent, and that huge heart of yours!

    ReplyDelete